Monday, November 10, 2014

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a... Pattern?

As I talk to people who are just in the very earliest stages of developing a line, or just a single pattern, I find that one of the hardest things to find are businesses who will take that very first step with you.  This weekend, specifically, I have been bombarded with questions from people who aspire to do it all, realize they cannot, and need the right professionals to work with them.  One of the best things I've heard from one such developing designer recently was (paraphrased),

"I didn't realize that I was disrespecting the process by thinking I could do it all by myself.  People have studied long and hard to master the different specialties this business requires, and I have to find the right skills to help me get to where I want to be."

Amen to that.

If you need a professional pattern made, do as much as you know how to do, and then involve a professional.  Save yourself money, time and heartache.

Here's a recommendation for you...


Why?  She knows the business, and she knows how to get newbies up and running. 

*She also answers her phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.