Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall Artisanal Speakeasy 2.0! (Another 2-day exploration!)

*Reposting*

Following the success of the Spring Speakeasy, and using its success to create the next one, I am very anxious to do another version of this tour, and implement some improvements for my next group.

I also know what aspects not to mess with:

Gotta have good food with comfortable seating!
Gotta have reasonably good weather!
Gotta have really compelling and unusual meetings with experts!
Gotta have access to exciting goods in exciting stores!

Here's the description for the Fall Event:

This will be a special Speakeasy, where participants will get to see creative workshops and technicians in the garment district who make magical things happen to fabric.  Through surveys, conversations, consultations, and experiences, I will curate a truly exciting combination of experiences and learning opportunities for a unique group of Speakeasy participants.

Like the last one, this tour is a "go" no matter how few attend, since I know some of you are "in" already (because you needed to cancel/postpone or reschedule the last one).  While I doubt this will be a problem, space is limited, though.  While I would like to invite the whole wide world, more than 20 people would make this unmanageable. 

This will be a 2-day event. The dates will be October 2nd and 3rd, 2015.   This type of adventure is as "Speakeasy" as it gets... so don't expect to get too many details here...

To reserve your space, a $50 deposit (refundable if cancelled no later than 30 days before the event) will be required. 

Balance payment will be due by September 3, 2015.  

The cost of this Speakeasy is $250.  

This includes our events, and lunches for the group on both days (with consideration for any special dietary needs/restrictions addressed in advance). I am holding the funds in a special account specifically designated for tour expenses, which I will incur as the date draws nearer, so please do not make full payment unless your plans are set to participate.  The deposit reserves your spot.

Who will want to participate in this Speakeasy?


  • Someone who is a creative sewer
  • Someone who is a creative designer/small manufacturer
  • Someone who loves to learn, loves history, appreciates fine skill
  • Someone who loves stories and creative adventures
  • Someone who enjoys both old and new


*If you are someone who has spoken with me at length about this, and know you are already committed, feel free to submit a deposit to reserve your space, or submit full payment if so inclined.  In the event of my illness or unforeseen calamity, the tour will still take place with a replacement guide(s).

I know some of you will call, email or text me with questions.  I'll answer many of them, but, I assure you, I'm being secretive ON PURPOSE.  There are some HUGE surprises on this one!

Wanna come?

Payment options



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.