Thursday, April 20, 2017

Exhibits to see...






While it was my intention to go to a museum exhibit today, my belly has prevented me from doing so.  Instead, I have a cup of tea at the computer, waiting for my insides to settle down, so I will try again once I feel better.

Spring in NYC seems to always turn my attention to beautiful museum exhibits.  There are so many alluring ones right now...

Here are some to get excited about - both current and upcoming!

Museum of Art and Design:

Handmade Fashion in American Counterculture

Judith Leiber handbags

Upcoming later this month: Fashion After Fashion

Museum of the Moving Image:

Teen Digital Lab - costume design

Cooper Hewitt Museum:

Scraps: Fashion Textiles and Creative Re-use

Metropolitan Museum of Art:

Antique Textiles and Modern Design


Museum of the City of New York:

Online Exhibition - Worth and Mainbocher


Museum at FIT:

Upcoming: Force of Nature



Merchant's House Museum:

The Merchant’s House collaborated with 3D modeling firm PaleoWest Archaeology to create an interactive 3D model of the two-piece spring and summer cotton dress, 1862-1865 (MHM 2002.0840), on display through April 29, one of the 39 dresses in the Tredwell Costume Collection. The model allows the viewer to look at the dress from all angles and zoom in on details. In the coming years, as each dress is displayed, we plan on creating similar models of dresses.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.