Friday, June 17, 2011

Spend a Weekend Jumpstarting Your Fashion Career


This week's inbox brought news of Fashion Campus NYC, "a new NYC initiative that provides next-generation fashion and retail management talent with exposure to opportunities on the business side of the industry." Parsons will present an intensive weekend workshop on July 15–16, 2011, at its campus in Greenwich Village for students interning this summer in the fashion industry. Parsons alumnus designer Derek Lam will give a keynote address at the event. For more details on this event, click here.

It's a tough call, but if I were a young wannabe fashion professional I'd give up my weekend in the Hamptons for a chance to learn from industry leaders….

3 comments:

  1. I want to do this even though I am not in NYC for the summer and graduated college in 2003!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna do this and I graduated in 1902!! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg! Your site is GREAT! Thank you for organizing and running this site! We used your map for our trip to the Garment District on Friday--it was so awesome--esp where to eat, where the restrooms are, and exactly how to get to Mood and Kashi. I blogged about it if you want to check it out: http://vacuumingthelawn.blogspot.com/2011/06/hitting-nyc-garment-district-with.html

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.