Saturday, July 28, 2012

Garment District Speakeasy Tour - September 28th, 2012


Psssst!

*Due to an illness in her family, one of our participants is not able to come on September 28th, so I have one vacancy on the tour. I will accept two people, at most, but I am reposting the details of the Speakeasy tour here, since I know there were many more of you who wanted to come.  because I didn't make a waiting list, I don't have the details on who you are, so, hopefully, one or two of you will see this post. First one or two to sign up here can still slide in!  I am repeating the details below:

As of 10AM NYC time today (7/28), the empty spot has been taken (thank you!), but I'll allow one more if you want to commit today, after which, I'll consider the trip completely full!

And yes, the trip is now COMPLETELY full!

But, there will be another one!


I'm doing a one-day only, "best-kept-secret" garment district shopping trip on Friday, September 28.  Friday is the chosen day of the week because all garment district businesses will be open.   You can still even catch a Broadway show or museum exhibit while you're here!  Space is limited.  Too big of a crowd is no fun. Registration requires advance payment.

This is a rain or shine event!

Itinerary below:

10AM - 2PM - Shopping (Will include several very special fabric stores with a wide variety of offerings suitable for many different purposes/types of garments.)

2PM-3PM - Lunch (included in your fee)

3PM - 5PM armed with your "Secret Map", you may visit more garment district stores if you wish, and give unique codes (that you'll get from me) to vendors who will give special assistance/discounts.

The cost of this guided tour is $75 per person. If you use this trip to shop and participate in what NYC has to offer, you will save at least as much as you are paying, and probably far more.

Wanna come?  Click below, and the details on meeting time/place provided. From outta town? If you need hotel and/or travel help, I will advise some of the BEST NYC secrets I know! Also, you can click on hotels above (this page - to your right) for the most standard and convenient choices. Payment is only accepted via PayPal (you do not need a Paypal account), credit or debit card. No cash, personal checks, or additional payments will be accepted on the day of the tour. The trip will involve a good amount of walking, so come prepared, and healthy.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun...I'm so very tempted to sign up and I live in Chicago. I haven't had my NYC fix in over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this could be your opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon this site. I will be on the west coast during this tour. Will you be offering it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume I will do more than one. I would like to make sure that any tour I do is a quality one, and offers something beyond what marching through the district on your own (with or without the blog) would, so it requires some careful planning to do well. But yes. I will keep everyone posted via the blog!

      Delete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.