Thursday, January 8, 2015

The most interesting boy in the world...

The Dos Equis advertising guy...


Just before the holidays, my son became obsessed with some special pajamas he had designed in his head.  White camouflage flannel is what he wanted, but my garment district searches turned up nothing.



Shy, and prefers not to be photographed in his pajamas, which I respect.  He agreed to this photo, though.

He came with me on my next fabric search and chose this flannel Dalmatian print fabric in a small store with piles and piles and PILES of wildly inexpensive stuff... (a secret beyond the very "Speakeasiest") 

He loved it!  

I created his pajamas, with kimono-like sleeves and a soft, loose fit... and he loves them.  Because of their very mature, gentleman lounge-y appearance, when he wears them, we now feel compelled to refer to him as...

"The most interesting boy in the world."

After much consideration, I thought about adding the store where we bought this fabric to my garment district stores map, with an honorable mention, but since it is not in the garment district, and not otherwise findable, I changed my mind...

But, if you have a kid who likes to design, and might want to try his/her hand at making something themselves, Mood Fabrics is offering a FREE (yup, that's what I said) class for kids.  Follow this link for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.