Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stores I'm Loving: Chic Fabrics



Chic Fabrics (225 W. 39th Street) has gone from being one of my least favorite stores in the Garment District to my current go-to store for my summer sewing needs. If you're looking for pretty silk prints or cotton knits at bargain prices, this is your store. In the last two weeks I bought a silk print ($10.99/yd) to make a pair of Isabel Marant style trousers for me, and I scored some navy cotton jersey ($3.99/yd) to knock off a BCBG top for a family member. You'll see names like Tahari and Nanette Lepore on the bolts there. If you haven't been to Chic recently, you owe it to yourself to stop by.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. That's one I don't know well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this isn't one I know either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have bought something from them at some point -- their business card is in my NY notebook! I have no clue what I bought there, and the pics don't jog my memory. Next time, I guess I should write it down! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I've ever popped in there. I'll have to put it on my hit list.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.