Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pssst.... Metro Textiles - A Shop the Garment District exclusive!

Okay, so it's no secret how great I think Metro Textiles is for fun fabric finds!  Well, here's the deal...

Lean in, folks...

This inspirational grouping shows you some fabric trends for now and near future, to which the selected fabrics will beautifully conform.  So many design ideas, so many fabrics, so many great deals... 

But now, his small space is pretty darn crowded, frankly.  Kashi's gotta move some goods.  And on some pretty great goods, to boot....

I think I mentioned that he gets designer input to lead him in the right direction for choosing his fabrics, and boy, do the shoppers respond!  However, I must admit, I've been in his store twice in the past week, and only noticed one or two of some fabulous fabrics which have been selected to be moved out of the way, in an effort to make room for new ones.  So get this... if you want to order any, at his typical great prices, you have to call, email or fax (if you are suitably old-fashioned enough that you still fax...).  He has no online ordering set up, and is happy that way, thank you.  Besides which, you will want the pleasure of speaking to him directly. Seriously.

He and one of his designer/advisors have assembled a grouping that is lovely, and won't be around much longer.  They were kind enough to share these pictures with me, and I am showing them to you.  Again, this is not for online/shopping cart ordering.  You can physically go to the store, or call, email or fax your order, but you seriously have to act fast. This is a good, old-fashioned sale!

See what was shared with me, by Kashi and one of his designer/advisors, below:


Metro Textiles Corp.
265 West  37th Street, New York, NY 10018
Suite #908
Tel. 212-209-0004   Fax. 212-209-0005
We at Metro Textiles Corp, like to keep our clients in the know. In an effort to do so more efficiently, we are sending out monthly reports on new products. If you are interested in any of these items you are welcome to come by our store, order by phone, or e-mail.



First, let's look at COLOR...

Fuchsia wool boucle - 60" wide - $20 per yard

Rich jewel-toned wool silk - 56" wide $28 per yard (as used by Haider Ackerman in F2012)

Charetreuse silk twill! 44" wide $30 per yard - Chartreuse is THE COLOR for fall!



Next, some wonderful patterns...

Warhol floral print Charmeuse 60" wide $8 per yard - Graphic prints are REALLY big right now!

Abstract print - Hammered silk - also in pink. 44" wide $15 per yard. 
Sweet little print reminiscent of simple Japanese design.

Abstract print: Polyester charmeuse 60" wide $8 per yard. Unusual prints are in!


Broken plaid - Cotton - repeats are 3"x3" - fabric is 60" wide $8 per yard 
As seen in Christopher Kane SS2010

White print on black polyester chiffon - 60" wide $8 yard... Get this... coming soon in KNIFE PLEATS!

AND TEXTURE...

White brocade - Japanese silk (also in red!) 44" wide $20 per yard
Fantastic hand! Beautiful, soft, japanese silk with a lovely sheen.

White eyelet - cotton (also in black) 56" wide $14 per yard. 
A new take on eyelet. Very versatile!


Windowpane camelhair 60" wide $35 per yard.  Amazing camelhair with a fantastic hand!

AND HIGH-QUALITY BASICS...

Navy silk/linen 44" wide $20 per yard - Great drape and fantastic hand!

Heather grey rayon knit 60" wide - $10 per yard

Black suiting - Tropical wool/cashmere 60" wide $25 per yard


So, now you know. Give him a call, stop in the store, or send an email to purchase any of the above.  I'm sure it goes without saying that as any legitimate business does, he accepts all major credit cards, too.














3 comments:

  1. Thank you Thank you. I called him a few days ago just to send me any striped knit fabric. Basically saying, "here take my money without me seeing the fabric because I trust your quality." I love knits and hear that he has some of the best in the garment district. I'm voting for more pics of knits.

    I wish that I had the guts to hop on a bus from DC to NYC by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! You can absolutely trust the quality of what he sells. Guts? Okay - it looks like I'm going to have to schedule another garment district tour...

      Delete
    2. And I just put up a second tour (November 2), because I've been getting lots of requests from people who can't come in September.

      Delete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.