Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Artisanal Speakeasy

Update!  One month away!  If you are confirmed and did not receive an email from me this morning, just let me know!

Oh... Springtime... I can't wait for you to come!  Just a reminder that the artisanal speakeasy approacheth!

*Note: This tour definitely has enough reserved to make it a definite "go", and I am REALLY looking forward to it!  It will be fantastic!

For quite some time now, I have been crafting a very special Speakeasy, where participants will get to see creative workshops and technicians in the garment district to who make magical things happen to fabric.  Through surveys, conversations, consultations, and experiences, I have curated a truly exciting combination of experiences and learning opportunities for a unique group of Speakeasy participants.

After careful planning, I am finally ready to tell you the dates.  This tour is a "go" no matter how few attend, since I know some of you are "in" already.  There is limited space, though.  While I would like to invite the whole wide world, more than 20 people would make this unmanageable. (Note: - As of this writing, I have 11 9 two fewer than before confirmed spots reserved - 3/30/15)

This will be a 2-day event. The dates will be May 8th and May 9th, 2015.  For those of you who were participating in our exploratory "Group Me" discussions regarding this event, I will share precise details with that group, or with anyone who inquires individually.  This particular adventure is as "Speakeasy" as it gets... so don't expect to get your details here...

To reserve your space, a $50 deposit (refundable if cancelled no later than 30 days before the event) will be required. Balance payment will be due by April 8, 2015.  The cost of this speakeasy is $250.  This includes our events, and lunches for the group on both days (with consideration for any special dietary needs/restrictions addressed in advance). I am holding the funds in a special account specifically designated for tour expenses, which I will incur as the date draws nearer, so please do not make full payment unless your plans are set to participate.  The deposit reserves your spot.

Who will want to participate in this Speakeasy?

Someone who is a creative sewer
Someone who is a creative designer/small manufacturer
Someone who loves to learn, loves history, appreciates fine skill
Someone who loves stories and creative adventures
Someone who enjoys both old and new

*If you are someone who has spoken with me at length about this, and know you are already committed, feel free to submit a deposit to reserve your space, or submit full payment if so inclined.  In the event of my illness or unforeseen calamity, the tour will still take place with a replacement guide.

I know some of you will call, email or text me with questions.  I'll answer many of them, but, I assure you, I'm being secretive ON PURPOSE.  There are some HUGE surprises on this one!

Payment options are below:


Payment options

5 comments:

  1. I submitted payment, but do not know how to email you! I've been wanting to do one of these for several years now and this is the right timing! Not sure how to connect from here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now added my clickable email address to this post. I will respond to you directly, though, since your deposit payment has your email address attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mimi,
    Gosh I wish I could go on your tour. Sounds fun. I have a question and a possible suggestion for a post. Where would you recommend for high quality jersey and knits in solid colors. I am looking for fabric for basic wardrobe staples - maybe a post topic?
    Thanks, Diane A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Diana, there are several ways to answer this... I enjoy New York Elegant's selection of knits, and Kashi of Metro Textiles always surprises me with something great, but Paron, Fabrics & Fabrics and Mood can have some pretty great offerings, too. Then, of course, you need to see what Elliott Berman has to offer, and B&J for the higher end stuff... Then, there is the thrill of exploring places like Chic and Trumart... Hmmmm... so much to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled that I will part of this fab event! Is there a reasonable hotel nearby you could suggest?

    See you soon!

    Claire Ramsey

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.