Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update on Paron Fabrics' Relocation, Plus Moving Sale

Note: Paron has since closed.

Paron Fabrics is leaving its W. 40th Street location for a spot on W. 39th.

[Note: As of 2/7/12 Paron's is still at its 40th Street location. A person who answered the phone at Paron's said they will be there for another two weeks.] 

Paron's is getting ready to pack up and move to their new location at 257 W. 39th Street (across from Dakota Braids & Trims), and all fabric has been reduced. Everything in the main room is 30 percent off, and everything in the Annex is 60 percent off. You can tell they haven't added any new inventory in awhile, and the pickings in the Annex are really slim, but I was able to grab the last 2.5 yards of a patterned wool I first coveted months ago, now 30 percent cheaper. Store employees tell me Paron's will open in its new location around the beginning of February, and that this week is the last week they'll be open at W. 40th. I'm looking forward to visiting the new location, and fingers crossed that they keep the Annex.

Current Kwik Sew and Burda patterns are not on sale, but you can find out-of-print Vogue, Butterick and Burda patterns for $2 each in the Annex.

10 comments:

  1. i swung by this weekend and picked a few out of the annex--was disappointed that the main room wasn't more than 30%, but i got the usual generous cuts, good service, and good prices so it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads up! i actually just went fabric shopping during my lunch hour but it's worth swinging by after work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really alarmed when I read this, thinking "oh nooo Paron's can't close noooooo" but I kept reading and I'm glad they're just moving down the street. Now all my favorite little fabric shops can be close to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they're just moving. I've found some great stuff in the annex and hope they keep it. Maybe with the move they'll get better lighting. One can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Musical Chairs in the GD! I'm trying to picture where that new spot is...right up the street from Daytona Trim, same (north) side? I had "A K Fabrics" written down for #257 at one time. Hard to keep things straight when it can be a year between trips. Thanks for the breaking news. Wish I were there to get "A Steal."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they're staying on street level. Sounds like they found a great location and it will make 39th St. even more of a destination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been shopping Parons since they were on 57th Street and I was worried when they moved to 40th Street and the subsequent shop proved me wrong. So I have all faith that the store on 39th St. will be as great as the shop use to be on 40th Street. Will definitely be over there after the first week of February to show support for the new location.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paron's made my trip to NY with Murphy in tow a real treat. They treated us (read: Murphy) like royalty. I can't wait to get back to NYC - Paron's will likely be my first stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed the annex still exists, too! I never miss Paron when I come to New York.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just there on Saturday and got some fabulous fabrics at 50% off in the annex i.e. Anne Klein imported from Italy lace overlay!!! It will definitely be on my list my next trip in from NJ.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.