Monday, May 4, 2015

At what cost?

Maybe it's because I'm getting older.  Maybe it's because I live in New York City.  But, as I walk through our many shopping districts, I am just BOMBARDED by products. Clothes, bags, shoes - in a seemingly endless supply. Sure, there are things that are cute, classic, artsy, interesting... but the sheer quantity of stuff sometimes just makes me feel overwhelmed.

Despite this constant barrage of stuff, when I design, make and wear an item, I am usually asked, "Where did you get that?" by strangers and friends alike.  And because I enjoy it, it really doesn't cost me any more than the supplies and time I've happily chosen to dedicate. I am now more sure than ever that I don't need ANOTHER piece of store bought clothing at this time in my life.  My closets are full, and my stash is ample. 

Even picking something up because it's "cheap" has a cost. And, depending on the item, that cost could be more than monetary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.