Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Teen's Perspective

If there's one thing I know about my daughter, it's that she loves the color combination of purple and yellow.  I bought this lovely purple fabric at Fabrics & Fabrics a while back...


Sheer, light, soft, and playful! (That's my hand beneath it)

and hesitated to cut into it because I wanted to make sure I chose the right project.  

The question, "What do you want to wear for the prom?" (an 8th grade dance in the school gym, really) was met with shoulder shrugs and a general lack of interest.  


So, I had to go it alone.


I found the right yellow to make it "pop".


Actual colors, not enhanced.

And created a swirly, twirly, simple dress!

Yes, my friends... it appears my daughter's "prom" dress was a stash creation.  And she loved it. And she had a great time, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.