Friday, July 3, 2015

Betcha' didn't know about Evermax

And if you did, you're more observant (or in the know?) than I am, my friend. How many years do I need to walk past a place before I actually enter?  Maybe a decade or more, sometimes, apparently.

One of you recently asked me where you can buy a GREAT BIG enormous bag of buttons recently... and I said I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!  I hope you're reading today...




How did I find this place?

Bagel fanatic that I am, I thought my feet remembered the way to a local garment district bagel place, but I made a wrong turn a block early, and wandered just past a sign with an arrow pointing upwards that read "Evermax". That wouldn't have mattered to me, except that there was also some text beneath the name, referring to buckles, trimmings and buttons, so I rang the bell.  Nothing. 

Looked around the entrance for a bit...

No need to ring the bell, apparently.  You just push the door open and head upstairs.  You know, like a detective would...

Whoa, folks.  This place has got LOTS of stuff.  A home sewer would find it overwhelming, I assure you, but if you want to buy factory trims, notions, buttons, and other items, whether singularly or in larger quantities, this is the place for you! Wholesale or retail, they will welcome you!

HUGE bags of buttons, all sorts of embellishments, ribbons, cords, sparkly things and buttons are everywhere.  Neatly organized in a HUGE showroom. Shelves and shelves and shelves of them!

Elvia, the friendly and welcoming manager, explained to me that they are a huge international manufacturer (they are actually a Chinese company), but anyone at all is welcome to purchase there. They have had a presence in this location for 20 years.

What if you're not in New York?

They have an Ebay store. Yes, really.


Evermax International Corp.
Buttons and Trimmings Manufacturer
225 West 36th Street
2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Did you figure out where the bagel place is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed - my heart knew. My feet didn't. The bagel place is on 35th. i think it is called "Best Bagel", although it is really just perfectly acceptable bagels. Pumpernickel with lox spread - the perfect meal if you are insanely hungry. It is breakfast AND lunch. Kills two birds with one stone.

      Delete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.