Saturday, May 31, 2014

"You can't buy more time"

Paraphrasing Warren Buffet here:


You may have all the money in the world, but you can't buy more time. 

Amen to that, folks. Time is limited. Time is precious. Think about the value of your time. Spending all day looking for the "perfect" thing? 

Is that wise? 

Or practical? 

No.

This is how I imagine I would feel if I were shopping in the Garment District, had I not been here before.  If you are naturally curious and have lots of time on your hands, it can be an absolute adventure.  And lots of fun. Guaranteed.  Sure, it can be. You can also develop a pretty quick headache, if you've got a shopping list to check off.

This picture won't even fit on the page.  See all those dots? Fashion-related businesses in the district.

An example.  You may ask me, "Who has great buttons?"

Well, that depends.  How much do you want to spend?  What kind of buttons are you looking for?  What size, purpose, material? Want some names? Here are some choices...

M&J
Mood
Steinlauf & Stoller
SIL
Panda
Pacific
Botani
New York Elegant
Buttonology
Daytona
Fashion Design Bookstore
Top Trimmings
BT Button

Wanna try all those places?


Or, "Can you tell me where to find some beautiful silk?"


Sure, just try:

Elliott Berman
Metro
C&J
Mood
New York Elegant
Fabrics & Fabrics
Rosen & Chadick
B&J

Sure, just go ahead and enter any of those names in the search box of this blog and...

Do you see what I'm getting at?  I could give you a headache trying to answer just these "simple" questions.

Okay - way too much information, for sure.  Maybe you should just come along on a Speakeasy Tour, and let me show you where I've seen some great stuff, show you things to inspire you further, secrets I can't tell you here, and recommend specific places to you based on your questions.

2 comments:

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.