Sunday, October 17, 2010

Garment District Dressmaking Supply Store Closes Doors


This is the kind of thing I absolutely hate writing about: another Garment District establishment files for bankruptcy. Greenberg & Hammer, the 91-year-old dress-supply company on Eighth Avenue and West 37th Street, closed its doors late last month. Signs the store was faltering were there when I visited it for the last time in the summer: supplies were low and no one was available to help me. Read more about G&H's bankruptcy here. If you're looking for dressmaking supplies there's still Steinlauf & Stoller (W. 39th) and SIL Thread (W. 38th).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.