Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Breaking News: Six Steps to Save the Garment District



Mayor Bloomberg announced yesterday six initiatives to help bolster New York City's threatened Garment District. Strategies include Project Pop-Up, an annual competition to promote new and innovative retail concepts, and Fashion Campus NYC, which will provide up-and-coming fashion and retail management professionals with additional opportunities in the industry through business seminars led by industry executives, networking opportunities, and an online resource with information on living and working in New York City.

The program is expected to roll out next year. I'm encouraged, people! Read more about Mayor Bloomberg's announcement here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for culling through the news clips about the garment district and providing us with a crisp summary! Great service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new site. I love the idea! Now I just need to get to NY. Would love to read a post on mail order places in the district too. I have gotten great service and swatches from several stores in the district.

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I thought that the major issue is that the landlords have been raising the rents so high that the district is being squeezed out. Am I wrong about that? Because Bloomburg's suggestions do not address that issue at all.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.