Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two First-Timers Take on the Garment District

Kyle of the blog Vacuuming the Lawn at Pacific Trimmings
I love getting emails and comments from readers letting me know how helpful they found the map and information I've posted here on Shop the Garment District. Reader Kyle of Vacuuming the Lawn just blogged about how she and Antoinette of CleverGirl used the STGD map to navigate their way around the Garment District for the first time. I really enjoyed reading Kyle's trip recap here and I think you will too. Well done, girls! Come back soon now, y'hear?

5 comments:

  1. Meg! Just wanted to say thanks as well for the great guidance on our trip last week. I knew we'd only have a day, and your site and all its resources were exactly what we needed to make the trip purposeful. You can imagine how funny it was for Kyle and me to cram ourselves into that random shop window to avoid the hail, while clutching the Google map from your site to discuss how long we could wait before making it to the next stop. ;) Thanks again. I so cannot wait to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,

    This seems like the perfect time to say "thank you" for this blog! I used the interview with Kenneth King as my guide last week. Chic Fabrics was wonderful, and just down the street from them I found the store specializing in linen (wish I could remember their name). Anyway, thanks again - I had a much better visit than my previous one, where I just went to Mood's and couldn't really afford anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out and thanks again for your map-it was GREAT! I just mentioned STGD on my blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Yes indeed, we were caught on the sidewalk between stores in that hailstorm. It was my first time ever out in the hail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story! Kyle, you took some great photos around the Garment District. Students at FIT should really be reading your blog, especially during their first year living in Manhattan. Thanks for all of the useful information, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.