Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hop a Designer Bike to Support Emerging Fashion Talent

Betsey Johnson and the bike she designed for Tour de Fashion
 
Ooh, I love this idea! If only it would stop raining here in NYC…

"During New York City’s Fashion Week 2011, one of the hottest designer accessories won’t be a handbag or stiletto. Instead, fashionistas will have the opportunity to borrow one of the 30 bicycles designed by fashion royalty including Diane von Furstenberg, Isaac Mizrahi, Betsey Johnson, Prabal Gurung, Elie Tahari and others. Tour de Fashion was created by the Fashion Center Business Improvement District (BID) in an effort to highlight New York City’s legendary Fashion District as the birthplace and epicenter of American fashion."…Tour de Fashion’s bicycles will be auctioned at the end of the event to benefit the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Fashion Incubator." —from the Tour de Fashion website

Some of the bikes will be available to borrow right here in the Garment District area at Broadway and 40th Street; complete details are available at Tour de Fashion. Maybe I can get my hands on this Lela Rose bicycle:

A Lela Rose bike, complete with rear doggie basket

3 comments:

  1. I dare you to get your hands on the fluffy, ruffly, over the top, Betsey Johnson bike.

    I would........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a blast! Wish I could make it up there for fashion week, but somehow my invitations to the hot shows got lost in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would like to get my hands on a bike designed by Betsey just like in the first photo. I have a lot of ideas running through my head on how I can use it for special occasions and for photography stuff.
    fashion online

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.