Saturday, March 11, 2017

We spoke. We eased.

Yesterday, despite the miserable weather in the morning, I led our intimate scheduled Speakeasy as planned.  As always, we all "ooohed" and "aaaahed" the day away, jumping in and out of several carefully curated garment district stores.  There were just a few of us, but we had an excellent rapport, and it made the experience more curated to individual tastes than is otherwise possible with a larger group.

at B&J Fabrics...


At Mood...

At Mood...


So, what did we do?  We talked fabrics, looked at fabrics, notions, and projects.  I nudged, nodded, and encouraged/discouraged purchases based on other things we had yet to see and experience. We asked questions, absorbed, and had a wonderful, warm meal that left us all peacefully satisfied with our day, and happy to have experienced it.

Doggone it, I'm still swooning over some fabric I wanted so badly to buy... and I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it... Darn it.  Fabric shopping is horribly addictive...

2 comments:

  1. It was like a snow globe on Friday, magical without really sticking to the pavement. Must have been fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.