Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My most recent trip to the garment district

Look around.  

If you've been in the district lately, no doubt you will have noticed it too... Things are changing rapidly.  Every time I go to the district now, another business has vanished or changed considerably.  In business, i understand that profitability is always a consideration, landlords aren't charities, and that people who sew for small businesses, themselves, or artistic reasons aren't a reliable source of income for these heavily invested district businesses. Because of that, we may not always be warmly greeted or serviced in many of the district businesses, which have, frankly, bigger fish to fry.

Having said that, though, there are still fantastic places to shop, if you know where to find them.

I have refocused and revised my map offerings to cater to the questions I've been receiving lately, and what I think you readers are looking for.  I am also going to repost (redate) some of the winning businesses, so you will know to visit them as you start to THINK SPRING!

New maps:

Bargain hunting in the district?  Here are the places that will be kind to your wallet:

Bargain hunters' map ($12)





Oh, and..... drumroll please...


May 11, 2018 Speakeasy tour ($75)


This garment district fabric and notions shopping tour will lead you to places you'll love, likely have not heard of, and didn't know existed. 10AM - 3PM with lunch! 


Regarding cancellations:

 If you have paid and wish to cancel 7 days or more before tour date - 100% refund
 If you don't come on the scheduled date or cancel within 24 hours or less - you will forfeit your refund, but can switch reservation to a future tour date.

 If I cancel a tour for any reasons not related to newsworthy acts of God or other newsworthy unforeseen major local or wider range emergencies, you are entitled to your choice of a full refund, or a future tour.



Note: you do not need to have a Paypal account to pay using Paypal. This tour is $75. Wanna come?  Click below. No payments will be accepted on tour date. Are there cheaper ways to do it?  Of course!  Better?  I don't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.