Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Coming to the Garment District? Don't know where to go?

Walking along 40th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, I recently noticed how the food establishments are absolutely TAKING over the block. You can't walk more than ten steps without stumbling across another place to grab a bite.  I ask myself... seriously, how hungry are we?  And more importantly, what are we truly hungry for?

Faster than I could blink an eye, walking between the same two avenues a while later on 37th Street, I noticed how many storefronts are empty or undergoing renovation.  Visiting some of the vendors I have been patronizing for decades now, I can see that only the best can stay afloat these days. Beautiful products abound, and I will continue my mission to help you find them.  The irony of it all is, I have never seen such a gorgeous array of options... but you have to know where to go, or you will exhaust yourself and your wallet with endless searching.  More than ever now, you've got to look "up" to find more places to go!

The weather is changing, Spring is in the air... can you feel it?  And, like the wings of a hummingbird, my machine is humming again.

I now offer  the Speakeasy map to anyone who wishes to purchase one.  (Follow the link, for more info) Complete with names, addresses and special offerings from my go-to sources of sewing-related products and services, this map will help you narrow down your choices to something more manageable and specific to your needs.

Constantly being updated to include my newest finds, this map will help you find special spots of your own.

You may also opt to join me on a future Speakeasy tour, request a private tour, or just contact me for information specific to your own needs.  I'll be happy to help.

Will there be more Speakeasies?  Yes, you can bet your sweet patooties there will be... Schedule to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.