Friday, January 9, 2015

Current Fashion/Design/Creative sculpted and sewn art exhibitions - a little off the beaten path...

This city has many exciting exhibits to see and creative/sewing/making/designing things to do, you wouldn't even believe me if I started to list them all...  Immersed in my research and planning for the Spring Speakeasy  (about 10 of you have reserved, now), I have found so many things, it is just overwhelming!  The biggest "finds" won't be shared here, since I am saving them for our tour, but here are a list of a few fun events!

Check out the Brooklyn Museum's high heeled shoe exhibition... until February 15, 2015.





And...


Visit the Merchant's House Museum, and be sure to notice their odd hours, days open, and weird credit card rule before you go.




Among the garments and accessories held in the collection are a remarkable group of 40 dresses worn by Tredwell women ranging in style from 1815 to 1890, as well as hats, parasols, shawls, shoes, gloves, reticules, and fans.
And...

The Museum of the Moving Image is doing a Jim Henson show.




And...

Wait for Spring to come... and on March 29, go to the Museum of the City of New York for the Gilded New York exhibit and make yourself a feathered fan!

And...

Be sure to catch The Making Design Exhibit at The Cooper Hewitt Museum, or just watch all the fun videos they have posted for your creative appetite!




And...

The Museum of Math is always fascinating, if you love math (as many designers and creative thinkers do)

You may think you don't care about this video, but go to about the 9:18 mark, (especially if you have a mathematical child, enjoy knitting, enjoy thinking...) and watch just a bit, and it will suck you in...






2 comments:

  1. Gahh 6 more reasons why I really wish I lived in New York. That high heeled exhibit looks especially cool!! Speaking for us Westerners over here, so unbelievably jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed by just how much there is to see here in this city! And I've lived here all my life... however, even if you do KNOW all the places to go, trying to find the opportunities to see them all is still quite daunting. I always think I'd be great at it if I were on vacation here!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.