Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Meet this blog's new contributing columnist - "A Teen's Perspective"

That's her in the middle (photo taken December 2014 - Oak Island, NC)

She is exactly my height.

She is smarter than I am. (also lean, graceful and beautiful, but those are things are just extras...)

She is a wildly creative and talented artist.

She is a gifted scientist and mathematician (more about that later).

A few years ago, she explained the dimensions for  a skirt pattern she was making, doing so mathematically in her head before cutting, using equations involving PI...

Seriously.

Oh, yeah... and she's 13.




And she's my daughter.

For about 6 months now, she has also been managing the "maps" portion of this blog, the proceeds of which are her compensation for helping me.  She will continue to do so.

Any post to which she contributes will have 

"A Teen's Perspective

as part of its title.  The words and ideas shared in those posts will be her own.


4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your daughter's creativity. Treasure her.

    I'm especially interested in her activities because I was a math major in college and then earned a PhD in mathematical chemical physics. I've sewn since middle school.

    Did her skirt pattern resemble mine?
    http://badmomgoodmom.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-belated-pi-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, also a circle skirt! Also purple!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That is exciting! Can't wait to read her posts!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.