Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Looking for Contributors to STGD

Carmen, a reader from New Jersey, sent this photo of jeans she made from denim purchased at A.K. Fabrics on W. 39th Street. Well done!

Do you have your own favorite fabric or trim stores or places in NYC's Garment District? Shopping advice or tips you'd like to share? Fond memories of shopping here in days gone by? I'm seeking fresh takes on the Garment District. If you'd like to write a brief post for Shop the Garment District or share photos, send me an email at lindsaytdesigns [at] gmail dot com and outline what you'd like to do. Looking forward to hearing from you!

5 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon.. I am so loving the Jeans she did a great job. Do she have a blog and did she post about the making of the jeans?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to shop at Trebor, located where the Times building is. I bought coordinating Calvin Klein wools for Josh's bar mitzvah and gorgeous Oscar de la Renta silk jacquard chiffon for myself for Alex's bat mitzvah. One of the first places I discovered when I started shopping in the district. I still have that one (the silk), I can't bear to throw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent some shopping advice/pix awhile back, but I'd also like to see a STGD Reader Show & Tell post or series of posts, with pictures of items made from purchases in the GD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog. How about a section where people can post info about current sales? About a week ago I went to a fabric store on 35th that was having a closeout sale. It's across from Elliott Berman and I got silk jersey at $5/yd!! Plus recently there was the 50% off sale at EB. I think the show and tell plus sales sections would be super popular! I don't think I have enough material for a post, but I do have tidbits here and there. For example, Paron's added a bunch of silk organza to the Annex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, yes, I would love to post about sales and new fabrics just in. Send me emails!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that I do reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent.